Saturday 12 May 2012

Typography and Graphics - Katie Grand Article












Layout & Art Direction: Fraser Moodie
Interview & Words: Lynn Barber



My first editorial/layout from Typography & Graphics module called “The Icons of Style” for a September issue. I got Katie Grand article from The Guardian named "Why Katie Grand is the Most Wanted Woman in Fashion". So furthering my research into Katie I focused on her personality trying to get it across in my layout– the transition from Geek to Cool. As she talked about in the interview how she was a geek and always wanted to be cool. So with looking at this along with her crazy work schedule including her kind of hording of magazines & clothes and mixed with origination of her items.

"I was always really nerdy and then kind of overnight can remember thinking clearly I just want to be cool"


My 6spreads & poster I used boxed with 2bold lines with a small gap representing a place for all of her stacking of magazines magazines – dots I looked at architecture prints for the connection of buildings including ikea furniture guides. Stationary for in her offices for POP magazine (that she is Editor-in-Chief of) TO DO lists and clipboards as she is organized but still unorganized at the same time but a work a holic – handing onto the geek part of her life. The rag is mixed to balance the two sides of her just like the left and right side of the brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.